Study programme title in Est.
Study programme title in Engl.
Maritime Digital Solutions
TalTech study programme code
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
Faculty / college
V - Estonian Maritime Academy
Head of study programme/study programme manager
Language of instruction
Self-paid study programme
Nominal study period
Study programme group
Broad area of study
Study programme group
Bachelor’s degree acquired on the basis of a 4-year nominal study program, Show more...
applied higher education or education of corresponding qualification (240 ECTS) or master’s degree or education of corresponding qualification in accordance with admission requirements of TalTech. Prerequisite module (60 ECTS)
Study programme aims and objectives
The aim of this curriculum is to enable managers and top specialists Show more...
in the field of maritime and information technology to improve their knowledge and skills about the possibilities and trends of the digitization of the maritime sector. Graduates of the curriculum are ready to work in a digitizing environment, to plan sustainable and environmentally friendly strategies, can develop systems and processes based on data analysis, and manage a team in a changing, international environment. This curriculum aims to develop the skills of independent information gathering and analysis and problem setting in order to work in both private and public sector institutions or continue in doctoral studies
Learning outcomes of the study programme
A graduate of the curriculum:
- has a systematic overview of the maritime field, its organizational principles, specificities and regulations of the field;
- reacts ethically in difficult situations, being aware of the role of the maritime sector in society;
- creates connections between IT and maritime fields and uses interdisciplinary methods and knowledge when analyzing, evaluating and solving problems, can assess possible consequences;
- applies and combines the possibilities of analysis and use of big data in the maritime field, interprets the results of the analysis;
- uses knowledge of maritime safety and security to provide recommendations in the development of software products for the maritime sector;
- recognizes and proposes sustainable application opportunities in maritime development activities;
- is able to present problems related to the profession orally and in writing in a foreign language important to his profession and to give reasoned assessments when discussing with specialists and non-specialists;
- is motivated to participate in research and development activities and to continue their studies in doctoral studies.
Completion of the curriculum in the required amount, and the successful defence of the graduation paper in conformity with the requirements set by the TalTech Senate. Show more...
In order to obtain cum laude diploma the graduation paper must be defended for the grade "5" and the weighted average grade must be at least 4,600, where all grades from diploma supplement are taken into account.
Master of Science in Engineering
Study programme version structure :
total ECTS credits