Study programme title in Est.
Study programme title in Engl.
TTÜ study programme code
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
Faculty / college
E - School of Engineering
Head of study programme/study programme manager
Madis Ratassepp, Kristjan Tabri, Toomas Vaimann, Rocio Estefania Rojas Hernandez, Mai Uibu, Loreida Timberg
Language of instruction
Self-paid study programme
Nominal study period
Study programme group
Engineering, Manufacturing and Technology
Broad area of study
Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction
Engineering and engineering trades
Master degree or an equivalent recognised qualification.
Study programme aims and objectives
Acquire knowledge, skills and experience for independent research, Show more...
development, teaching and creative work in the field of engineering sciences.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- demonstrates acquired broad-based knowledge and a systematic overview of his/her research field;
- has a deep knowledge in his/her research topic;
- has skills to formulate, analyse and solve research problems, and critically assess the quality of solutions;
- chooses independently appropriate research methods and technologies to solve specific scientific and complex real world problems and critically assesses the obtained results and consequences;
- independently acts in the complex work and studying environment, which requires skills of management and teamwork, innovative thinking and the ability to make strategic decisions;
- has experience in publishing his/her research results in peer-reviewed high-quality international journals, is aware of commercialization opportunities of his/her research results;
- participates in and organizes teaching at the university;
- can communicate orally and in writing his/her research results for scientific community and general public;
- is aware of the ethical aspects and limitations of his/her actions, is able to act in an ethical manner considering the acceptable customs.
Completion of the curriculum in the required amount, and the successful defence of the doctoral thesis in conformity with the requirements set by the TalTech Senate.
Doctor of Philosophy (Building and Civil Engineering and Architecture), Doctor of Philosophy (Chemical, Materials and Energy Technology), Doctor of Philosophy (Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics), Doctor of Philosophy (Environmental, Marine and Coastal Technology), Doctor of Philosophy (Production Engineering, Materials Engineering, Robotics, Transport and Logistics), Doctor of Philosophy (maritime)
Study programme version structure :
total ECTS credits