Study programme title in Est.
Study programme title in Engl.
TalTech study programme code
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
Faculty / college
E - School of Engineering
Head of study programme/study programme manager
Language of instruction
Self-paid study programme
Nominal study period
Study programme group
Engineering, Manufacturing and Technology
Broad area of study
Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction
Engineering and engineering trades
Study programme group
Engineering and engineering trades not elsewhere classified
Bachelor degree or education of corresponding qualification in accordance with admission requirements of TalTech.
Study programme aims and objectives
The aim of this study programme is to train:
- specialists in Marine Technology who have extensive knowledge, Show more...
are qualified to apply the know-how and expertise obtained for solving field-specific problems, to participate in working out innovative solutions, and are prepared to work in international marine technology industry or in companies providing engineering solutions;
- competent and motivated professionals who are able to effectively apply the acquired knowledge in research and development and are qualified to continue their education in doctoral studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has a comprehensive and systematic overview of the principles of ship building, of specific characteristics and regulations of maritime domain;
- applies the extensive knowledge acquired through professional work in marine technology enterprises or for solving research problems;
- applies interdisciplinary methods and suitable techniques and technologies for analysing, assessment and solving of problems in their professional field, is able to assess possible consequences of the solutions being offered;
- considering the specifics of the field, analyses prospective national and global development trends and topical environmental, production and management issues;
- uses modern simulation and modelling techniques, applies IT tools for solving complex engineering tasks and practical problems;
- knows the properties of and is able to choose between different materials according to their intended purpose of application;
- evaluates and considers the use of different production technologies and processes for creation of marine technology components, knows the principles of production planning and organisation;
- designs a business model taking into account the product/service value proposition to the customer, supply and demand, competition, resources, selling opportunities and other factors in the entrepreneurial environment;
- has team work experience in achieving the objectives pursued.
Completion of the curriculum in the required amount, and the successful defence of the graduation paper in conformity with the requirements set by the TalTech Senate. Show more...
In order to obtain Cum Laude diploma the graduation paper must be defended for the grade "5" and the weighted average grade must be at least 4,600, where all grades from diploma supplement are taken into account.
Master of Science in Engineering
Study programme version structure :
total ECTS credits